Maybe you are the type that love night study, but you feel you don’t maximize your learning objectives much better as you ought to. The good news is that I have some tips here that can help you to get the best out of your night study:
- Relaxing during the day: The truth is that you can’t beat nature, you can only modify nature to suit you but not to beat it. If you must read or study in the night with full concentration then rest during the day. A well rested mind and body is key to successful study so make sure you don’t neglect your sleep by being too busy during the day.
When you don’t rest your body and mind during the day, you will surely be feeling sleeping during the night. Even if you were not feeling sleepy, you will get tired and your retentive memory will be low. So rest a little during the day for better night study.
2. Proper ventilation and lighting: Recall that during the day we are mostly exposed to whole lots of natural light and air which is good for our eye and body. But in the night study the reverse is the case in most cases. So ensure you are using a very bright light not too close to your book because of your eye and at the same time ensure adequate air for a better functioning of the body.
If you use bad light in reading especially touch light, it might affect your eye if not now in the future.
3. Be Specific with time: The body is like a system that can be programmed, if you want your study time to be late in the night or mid-night stick to that very time. The reason for this is so that your body system will adapt to it and you can get the best study performance possible. Do not study in a sporadic manner, choose the best time, and if you do your body will maximize the best for you.
4. Time Management: Most people often lose track of time when studying at night. This makes it even more important to create a study timetable outlining when you will take breaks. This will help and enhance your level of digesting and understanding what you are reading. It’s recommended that you take a 5 to 10 minute break every one hour when studying. You can stand up from your table and stretch yourself a little. Keeping yourself hydrated is necessary but not eating.
5. Don’t eat heavy meals in the night: For you to keep fit at night for better study avoid over eating or the eating of those food that causes you to sleep a lot in the night. Study your body system and make the best use of it . When taking juice sip it gradually and don’t over take it in order to keep fit.
6. Write and design your point with graphic: This strategy work very well for my friend in while in the campus. What he does is that he wrote down some of the key point illustrating it with graphic. The graphic image with which he illustrate will help him to understand and remember the point better when the needs arise. Night time study is very effective with analysis of details.
7. Have your own study group:Unlike Studying in the day, night study lacks a lot of the social aspects that daytime studying may have. With this in mind, it may be a good idea to organize a study group with other night studiers to help you keep motivated. This way you will be able to achieve the best interactions and brainstorming.
Remember that nothing work better in any study time than full concentration so make sure you have full concentration, if sleep disturb you a lot you can adjust your study time to suit your body chemistry, you may need tips on best time study. Kindly drop your comment below and share with your loved ones.