Professor Charles Soludo was given birth in 1960, a native of Anambra State, Nigeria. He is among the top Nigeria economist being the past governor of Nigeria Central Bank (CBN). He has also held different post in the country and past gubernatorial candidates of Anambra governorship election under the platform of PDP.
- He is a first class graduate of economics at University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he equally obtained his master in economics and remain the best graduating student at all his level of education.
- Professor Charles Soludo has being a visiting scholar at the International Monetary Fund, university of Cambridge, Brooking institution, university of Warwick, University of Oxford. He is also a visiting professor at Swarthmore College (USA).
- He has held various categories of post in Nigeria including that of lecturing at University of Nigeria, Nsuka.
- Professor Charles Soludo was the former governor of central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in 2004.
- Soludo was the chief Economic Adviser to former President Obasanjo and Chief Executive of the National Economic Planning Commission.
- He is a member of the British Department for International development International Advisory Group.
- Currently Professor Charles Soludo is a visiting Professor at Swarthmore College in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, United State.
Professor Charles Soludo Achievement
- He headed the CBN during the period when the financial institution of Nigeria was totally recapitalized. The recapitalization exercise stabilize the Nigeria financial institution making the financial sector a leading employer of labour in Nigeria.
- The recapitalization exercise headed by him saw the saving of over 85 banks in Nigeria and boosted the confidence of the Nigerians on the banking sector.
- He has headed number of economic research programme at both National level and international level aimed at growing the Africa economy.
Awards: Among other awards, he was a recipient of Commander of the Order of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Please, if you have more information about Charles Soludo drop it on the comment box. You may also read the full Profile of the top Nigeria economist.