The reason why most students struggles in the university because of finance is simply because of lack of creativity, there are most opportunities to make money in the university. That is true! People are making cool cash as an average students but only take creativity, determination and diligence. I will be sharing one of the most commonest means in this article; tutorial lesson.
Organizing tutorials or establishing tutorial center mostly does not require any expertise or capital to start, all you need is commitment to develop yourself and go out there to teach others what you have know. You can tutor your colleagues or junior students, just package yourself very well, start with two or more persons.
I started tutorial lesson in my year one though, I was not changing then as it was mainly my colleagues, but I was building myself for the days ahead. I started making money from tutorial in my second year. Some those my colleagues who I was tutoring in year one started referring students who need assistance to me.
So I started with three students and grew to the extent that I do not just teach my departmental students but also student from other department. The secret then was that I try as much as I can to prepare myself very well for the class and more so, try as much as possible to explain with a clear understanding.
Because of my simplicity nature of teaching, I was controlling close to eighty five(85) students in each class per semesters. I often charge N1000 and N500 depending on the subject involved. I mostly organize past questions and answer on each the subject. Which I sometimes sell in a very customize way to the students. The truth is that, when you meet people’s needs, they won’t withhold their money from you. Calculate how much I was making from my tutorial lesson, you too can make same.
Factors You Must Consider Before You Start
- You must be long-suffering: This means for you to be successful in tutorial, you need the virtue of patient whenever you are teaching. The truth is that most people are not fast learner, so you must carry them along. Try as much as possible to make sure everyone understand what you are teaching because they are your marketers. So don’t rush while teaching.
- You must be willing to sacrifice: The sacrifice you must pay among others is to read extra hour(s) even when you are tired, because you can’t deliver to your students, if you are not adequately prepared. And If you are not prepared very well adequately, you won’t be able to deliver, which will surely reduce your patronage.
- Prepare past questions and answer for the students: You can sell the past questions and answer to the students or you can even gave it out to them freely to encourage their further patronage. By this you easily take care of unnecessary competition in the market. Prepare some of the past questions and relevant materials in audio form and sell to your students.
- Marketing Skills: Yes ooo! You must decide on the best way to market your service. You can’t just sit in your room or office and expect people to come with speed. If you can’t print flyers, cards, open your mouth and tell people what you are capable of, help people a times for free if need be until you gather momentum.
- See teachings as business: Until you see tutorial as a mega business, you can’t put in all the necessary effort it required to grow. Your packaging of tutorial lessons determines the income that accrue to you from same. You can organize boys that are good to take the subjects you can’t take, but be very, very selective in your choice of teachers. You can get whole lots of information on the best strategy of market, collaboration with lecturers and how to inculcate research/project writing into your business in my ebook that will soon be realized.
You can subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates on how to make extra income as a student in Nigeria. Have question or further clearance, drop your comment below.